Pearlman Education Group LLC
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Selected publications and presentations
- Mari Pearlman, "Aiming at Learning: Assessment as the Critical Link," Chapter 4 in V.J. Shute, B.J. Becker (eds.), Innovative Assessment for the 21st Century, Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010.
- Mari Pearlman, "Design,” Chapter 5 and “Scoring”,” Chapter 7 in Hattie and Ingvarson (eds.), The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards--The First Decade. New York: Elsevier, 2008.
- Mari Pearlman, “Finalizing the test blueprint,” Chapter 7 in Chapelle and Enright (eds.), Building a Validity Argument for the Test of English as a Foreign Language. New York: Taylor and Francis, 2008.
- Mari Pearlman, “Technical review of the Massachusetts Adult Basic Education (ABE) licensure model,” www.doe.mass.edu/acls/abecert/ets/0220_bulletin.html, February 2004.
- Mari Pearlman and Richard Tannenbaum, “Teacher evaluation practices in the accountability era,” International Handbook of Educational Evaluation. : Kluwer, 2003.
- Mari Pearlman, “Teacher evaluation practices,” MacMillan Encyclopedia of Education, 2 Edition, 2001.
- John Holloway and Mari Pearlman, “Reform through standards: the ultimate challenge,” Principal Leadership (HS Edition), Vol. 1, no.5, January 2001, pp. 40-44.
- Drew Gitomer and Mari Pearlman, “Policies for teacher improvement,” Educational Horizons, vol. 78, no. 3, Spring 2000, pp. 129-130.
- Andy Latham and Mari Pearlman, “From standards to licensure: developing an authentic assessment for school principals,” Journal of Personnel Evaluation in Education, Vol. 13, No. 3, Fall 1999, pp. 245-263.
- Martha Stocking, Len Swanson, and Mari Pearlman, “Application of an automated item selection method to real data,” Applied Psychological Measurement, Vol. 17, No. 2, June 1993, pp. 167-176.
- Results-Driven Leadership: Creating a Culture of Evidence,” 2010 Curriculum Improvement Conference, June 25, 2010, Philadelphia PA
- “AFT Innovation Fund: Evaluation Considerations,” webinar presentation, AFT headquarters, Washington DC, August 7 2009
- “Teacher Licensure: Where Have We Been, Where Are We Going, and Who’s Driving,” NEA, Washington DC, June 4, 2009
- “Assessment Basics,” Global English, Inc., San Francisco, CA, February 26, 2009.
- Invited keynote address, “Aiming at Learning,” Florida State University College of Education “Assessment for the 21 Century: Insight” October 30-31, 2008
- Invited panel presentation, “Assessment as a critical enabler”, National Redesign Alliance Conference (sponsored by the Center for Academic Transformation), March 19, 2007.
- Invited address, “Higher education accountability: instruments and measures,” American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AACSU) Academic Affairs Winter Meeting, February 3-6, 2007.
- Invited panel presentation, “Measuring outcomes in higher education: must accountability mean testing,” Heckinger Institute Annual Seminar for Higher Education Reporters, November 19, 2006.
- Invited workshop “Performance assessments for adult education: how to design performance tasks”, National Academies Board on Testing and Assessment and Center for Education, 2002. [Also appears in Performance assessment for adult education: exploring the measurement issues: report of a workshop, Mislevy and Knowles (eds.), National Academy of Science, 2002.] Keynote address, “Kissing the frog: how teachers can transform testing”, AFT QuEST Professional Development Conference, 2001. [Available at AFT Online]
- Keynote address, “Developing and implementing performance assessments for teachers”, Consortium for Policy Research in Education (CPRE) National Conference, 2000.