Pearlman Education Group LLC
Selected publications and presentations
- Mari Pearlman, "Aiming at Learning: Assessment as the Critical Link," Chapter 4 in V.J. Shute, B.J. Becker (eds.), Innovative Assessment for the 21st Century, Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010.
- Mari Pearlman, "Design,” Chapter 5 and “Scoring”,” Chapter 7 in Hattie and Ingvarson (eds.), The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards--The First Decade. New York: Elsevier, 2008.
- Mari Pearlman, “Finalizing the test blueprint,” Chapter 7 in Chapelle and Enright (eds.), Building a Validity Argument for the Test of English as a Foreign Language. New York: Taylor and Francis, 2008.
- Mari Pearlman, “Technical review of the Massachusetts Adult Basic Education (ABE) licensure model,” www.doe.mass.edu/acls/abecert/ets/0220_bulletin.html, February 2004.
- Mari Pearlman and Richard Tannenbaum, “Teacher evaluation practices in the accountability era,” International Handbook of Educational Evaluation. : Kluwer, 2003.
- Mari Pearlman, “Teacher evaluation practices,” MacMillan Encyclopedia of Education, 2 Edition, 2001.
- John Holloway and Mari Pearlman, “Reform through standards: the ultimate challenge,” Principal Leadership (HS Edition), Vol. 1, no.5, January 2001, pp. 40-44.
- Drew Gitomer and Mari Pearlman, “Policies for teacher improvement,” Educational Horizons, vol. 78, no. 3, Spring 2000, pp. 129-130.
- Andy Latham and Mari Pearlman, “From standards to licensure: developing an authentic assessment for school principals,” Journal of Personnel Evaluation in Education, Vol. 13, No. 3, Fall 1999, pp. 245-263.
- Martha Stocking, Len Swanson, and Mari Pearlman, “Application of an automated item selection method to real data,” Applied Psychological Measurement, Vol. 17, No. 2, June 1993, pp. 167-176.
- Results-Driven Leadership: Creating a Culture of Evidence,” 2010 Curriculum Improvement Conference, June 25, 2010, Philadelphia PA
- “AFT Innovation Fund: Evaluation Considerations,” webinar presentation, AFT headquarters, Washington DC, August 7 2009
- “Teacher Licensure: Where Have We Been, Where Are We Going, and Who’s Driving,” NEA, Washington DC, June 4, 2009
- “Assessment Basics,” Global English, Inc., San Francisco, CA, February 26, 2009.
- Invited keynote address, “Aiming at Learning,” Florida State University College of Education “Assessment for the 21 Century: Insight” October 30-31, 2008
- Invited panel presentation, “Assessment as a critical enabler”, National Redesign Alliance Conference (sponsored by the Center for Academic Transformation), March 19, 2007.
- Invited address, “Higher education accountability: instruments and measures,” American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AACSU) Academic Affairs Winter Meeting, February 3-6, 2007.
- Invited panel presentation, “Measuring outcomes in higher education: must accountability mean testing,” Heckinger Institute Annual Seminar for Higher Education Reporters, November 19, 2006.
- Invited workshop “Performance assessments for adult education: how to design performance tasks”, National Academies Board on Testing and Assessment and Center for Education, 2002. [Also appears in Performance assessment for adult education: exploring the measurement issues: report of a workshop, Mislevy and Knowles (eds.), National Academy of Science, 2002.] Keynote address, “Kissing the frog: how teachers can transform testing”, AFT QuEST Professional Development Conference, 2001. [Available at AFT Online]
- Keynote address, “Developing and implementing performance assessments for teachers”, Consortium for Policy Research in Education (CPRE) National Conference, 2000.